Family pies2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poems and Thoughts

3 posters

Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty Poems and Thoughts

Post  JJ Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:11 am

I Woke early this morning,
the earth lay cool and still,
when suddenly a tiny bird,
perched on my window sill,
it sang a song so lovely,
so carefree and so gay,
that slowly all my troubles,
began to slip away,
it sang of far off places,
of laughter and of fun,
it seemed his very song,
brought out the morning sun,
I pulled back the covers,
and crept slowly out of bed,
and gently shut the window,
and crushed his freaking head,
I'm not a morning person ..... lol! lol!
JJ
JJ

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty mom's poem

Post  RebeccaPatricia Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:32 pm

JJ wrote:I Woke early this morning,
the earth lay cool and still,
when suddenly a tiny bird,
perched on my window sill,
it sang a song so lovely,
so carefree and so gay,
that slowly all my troubles,
began to slip away,
it sang of far off places,
of laughter and of fun,
it seemed his very song,
brought out the morning sun,
I pulled back the covers,
and crept slowly out of bed,
and gently shut the window,
and crushed his freaking head,
I'm not a morning person ..... lol! lol!
lol!
RebeccaPatricia
RebeccaPatricia

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty Whoa!

Post  JJ Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:42 am

The turkey shot out of the oven
and rocketed into the air,
it knocked every plate off the table
and partly demolished a chair.

It ricocheted into a corner
and burst with deafening boom,
then splattered all over the kitchen,
completely obscuring the room.

It stuck to the walls and the windows,
it totally coated the floor,
there was turkey attached to the ceiling,
where there'd never been turkey before.

It blanketed every appliance,
it smeared every saucer and bowl,
there wasn't a way I could stop it,
that turkey was out of control.

I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure,
and thought with chagrin as I mopped,
that I'd never again stuff a turkey
with popcorn that hadn't been popped. geek
JJ
JJ

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty The eleventh hour,The eleventh day,The eleventh month

Post  JJ Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 am

Today is Veterans Day, and while many of us enjoy a break in the action, it is a great time to recognize those who fought for the freedoms we enjoy today, and remember those who are not getting a break in the action because they continue to protect those freedoms.

The History of Veterans Day
Veterans Day was originally established by proclaimation by president Woodrow Wilson in 1919 to mark “the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory” of World War I. The end of World War I was officially marked by the signing of the Treaty of Versailles on June 28, 1919. However, fighting had stopped several months earlier when a cease-fighting agreement was made between the Allied forces and Germany to commence on “the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.” Some years later, in 1926, U.S. Congress officially recognized the end of World War I, and an Act in 1938 officially established November 11th as a legal holiday.

Thank a Veteran
Chances are you know someone who has served in the military. If you don’t you can easily find a veteran to thank by attending Veterans Day parades, VA hospitals, etc. I don’t have to go very far.
We like to toss around the word “hero” a lot these days. For me, the brave men and women who willingly put their life on the line for America’s cause are the real heroes. So take some time to thank a veteran today. Also remember to think of those still serving our country today, at home and abroad, and the thousands who came before them.
cheers
JJ
JJ

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty my thought for today

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:11 am

These days I turn inside – Not only because the days get shorter and cooler with the colder season to come – I also turn inside myself. My mind holds still, reflects, thinks and tries to put some thoughts into order.
I think about this life. About our purpose, about why we are here and for what we strive. I see that I have to correct my intentions. I see that my thoughts often (unconsciously) are much influenced by my age: believing that we deserve a perfect, good, happy and healthy life.
But suddenly I feel that I have to focus more on the true meaning of our life on this earth. I have to remind myself of our final destination.
I have to stop and to pause. I have to switch my focus from this worldly life to the hereafter.
I have to remember that we are not here to expect a perfect life without difficulties, pain, lost and sadness. We are not here to wait that life showers us with everything we yearn for. We are not here to wait that all our wishes come true and everything goes smooth. We are not here to expect that life offers us all we hope for.
We are NOT here to expect paradise on this earth.
No.
We are here to be tested.
We should try to act in our most perfect way despite all difficulties and struggles.
We are here to be grateful for what we have and what we got, may it be little or big, may it seem good or bad.
We are here to better ourselves with every mundane act.
We are here only to prove, despite all the struggles, that we deserve mercy (by worship and good deeds).
We are here to strive for paradise AFTER death.
I have to change my point of view.
I have to remind my soul that this life isn’t about striving for material goods or about waiting for a perfect everyday-life. I have to remember that every problem we face (at home, at work, in our marriage or with our children, concerning health or material wealth), if welcomed with patience instead of an angry “sh…”, might lead us in the end to something much better.
I have to remind my self that every calamity we face with strength and patience, and everything good we do, will be our bonus on the day of judgement.
I remember that it is said that God tests those most, which He loves most.
Instead of getting disappointed about trials, I have to remind myself that, if I try to see every test as a blessing, these tests become a gift and a chance, a promise of mercy, a source of hope and a way to hopefully gain His pleasure.

joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty my mini me

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:11 am

My daughter is a mirror reflecting an image of me as accurately and uncensored as any looking glass.This has been true from the time she was small. The realization made me more intentional in my actions and words.Made me strive to be a better person. Made it undeniably clear when I fell short.She is not a little girl anymore and the focus of the mirror is sharper than ever.Those who believe in karma believe that what you put out into the world comes back to you.The originator of this thought must have had a daughter.
I wonder if it is a two-way mirror.Can she see me when she looks at herself? Does that reflection make her live more intentionally as well?I pray the looking glass sends back an image to her that she is pleased with.That she is comfortable reflecting me.
Over time I think the mirror has become a magnifying mirror taking all I have given her and making it larger, greater, more visible to the world.
It is a gratifying thing after investing nearly half my lifetime into parenting with care and love and determination to do it to the best of my ability to look into the mirror and see her face smiling back at me,but does she smile or hate the image?
I wish it was true today,we are at odds yet again.I am losing the fight and don't know what to do.Karma is a bitch,so many ..I coulda, shouldas, woulda,if only I had known.But I don't and didn't know,Everyday I learn,Everyday she will learn...We all make mistakes.I hope she did learn 1 thing from me...Forgiveness Sad I love you my mini me...Mom
joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty To Tommy

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:42 am

To my first born son,Tom, Whom I've always loved and adored,You're such a good son, and also big brother too,You've always made me proud to be your mom,From the moment I knew you existed
The love that I felt for you could not be changed,The elation that I felt as you grew in my belly
The joy I felt in my heart as I started to dream of you.From the first time you kicked until the glorious day you actually appeared.
Upside down and much quicker than planned,You changed my life that instant,do you understand?
Becoming a parent was scary from the start,You hope you do the right thing by following your heart.You give your love and guidance each and every day,Hoping to raise your children the best possible way.But you never receive any specific guarantee that they'll turn out exactly as you want them to be.You pray that you've influenced them positively each day In decisions they make, what they do, what they say.You hope and you pray that you've done everything right
But you never know the outcome, So you share in their lives, through the ups and the downs
And try to support them and always be around.So while raising you I tried to do the best that I could do,I don't know exactly what I did to deserve you,But I definitely must have done something right because having you for my son has been the best thing ever.I'm so very proud of the wonderful man you've become,(Hopefully, contributed in part by something I have done).I hope that my love and guidance has played a small part,I know the most important part comes straight from your heart.
You've grown to become a respectable and honorable man,Who is there for friends and family whenever he can be.Your love and respect is something I'll always treasure,Having you for my son is one of my life's pleasures.I'll always be there for you in any way that I can,That won't ever change, even now that you're a man.You're my flesh and blood, an important part of my life
And will be forever know matter what comes our way.So as you grow living your life your own way
I wish you much love, happiness and good health each day.You deserve a full life and bright future up ahead,But keep in your heart all the things that I've said.I will always cherish the pictures and memories of you,Through infancy, adolescence and manhood as you grew.But what I'll cherish the most are the feelings deep in my heart,The bond that I share with you even when we're apart.
So feel my love with you each and every day,Even those days that you are so far away.May it help you overcome any obstacle in your way,Or simply just be there for you from day to day.
Just remember I love you, And always will! I love you Mom

joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty to my Daughters

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:51 am

Mother and daughter relationships are complex because the daughter looks to her mother as a role model of what a woman is. As she grows up and sees other woman who live their lives differently, she chooses between imitating her mother or other significant influences in her life. As an adolescent she may come to look down on her mother and think that other woman are much better. Of course she is not a fully grown woman so she does not understand the challenges and choices that her mother faces. It is only when she herself becomes a woman that she can fully appreciate her mother. This is just so true,I hope I live to be 100 and can see my Beautiful Daughters grow to be Beautiful women.

joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty To my Mandy

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:30 am

I was so young,I had know idea what was to come,But here you are my first born.I loved you so much even before you were born.Everything was happening so fast back then.When you were born they took you from me and didn't even let me hold you,But I stayed strong and made them give me you back.I was so very sick,and you were so very small.But I took you home and loved you everyday.You became strong and we loved you even more.You saw your brothers and sister come along,You grew up fast and thinking back that probably was not fare.I'm sorry for that,I wish we could go back again and play in the sand at the farm you loved so much.Mandy you are the joy of my life and I just want you to always remember that,always.If I had to put in just a few words what you mean to me, I would say,Mandy you are 1 of a kind,you are so special,you mean everything to me,you make me proud everyday in your words and actions,You are my sunshine.I have grown now(not up) I still have alot of that to do. I am a different person now. I live life to the fullest. I invite challenge, I face my fears, and I take advantage of opportunities. I am still human, though. Sometimes I am scared, sometimes I fail, and sometimes I make mistakes. So forgive me, because I will fail you. I will make mistakes, but I promise to always love you. I promise that I will work everyday to be a better and stronger Mom than I was yesterday. I promise to be a role model to you, so you can grow up as a strong, confident woman. I promise to live my dreams, because I want you to live yours.My first born Baby girl,Ilove You I love you Mom

joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty Erik James

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:28 am

Shame on me ,I know how much you hate when I call you that,But maybe you really don't,maybe it makes you smile and think geeze Mom knock it off.That's ok cause you will always be my Erik James.I remember the day I yelled at you for something not so important and you said to me:Mom please don't yell at me I have a sensitive soul,Oh my gosh you filled my heart that day and ever since then I try really hard to remember that day.You have tryed my patiants many times more then the others but I don't know why.Someday you will tell me I'm sure.Now, I’m compelled to tell you of all the things about you that fills me with pride and awe. Another long list of what you have achieved, the person you are, your character and integrity. I want to place wishes on you and insist that they all become true for you. I want you to stand at the head of the table and have
everyone who ever knew you, come forward and pay tribute to you. But, you would hate that too.
It’s never about what you have done or anything that you are capable of doing.
It’s only ever about who you are; the real value is in the fact that you exist.I No, you don’t need to be told who you are or what you are capable of. You don’t judge yourself by such things and I don’t want you to do that either. You are your own person and you are comfortable in your own skin, and at the end of the day, that tells me that I have done well. That tells me, that you are ready for the world and the world will be better for having you as a participant.
I really don’t need to tell you any of this - I even wonder now what impact any of the words have ever had. I do believe that I have taught you by example, but more than that, I think you have always known my heart. When you leave , I always light an imaginary candle and place it on the
window-sill. Think about it, if you wander into shadows or if you need to lighten up. Let it always be your beacon.To always come home for what ever reason.
And all in all, there are only two things left to say to you, “I am proud of you and
I love you.” You always make me laugh..I love that about you. I love you Mom

joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty to Becca

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:01 pm

As I am writing this I have a smile of joy in my face and tears in my eyes filled with happiness. I want all for you … even I know this is an easy thing to say, my hearts bleeds for you to be happy and content in life. I want that you see the joy in even the smallest things , have the best friends that you can tell everything ,the patience you will need to understand some people,have the job you always wanted, to have the ability to forgive and forget, to find the perfect husband and to have healthy and beautiful children (you did this well). I want that you as you grow up to see your family as your pillow,that you can rest on and all the comfort you need on not so sunny days. I want you to know how special you are in every way I can think of … I adore your humor and how loving you are. The letters you write me after I am upset. One thing in life that was always really important to me is that my children would have love for each other. It makes my heart jump out of joy to find papers that you wrote on that say ” I love my family so much ”
I want that you always look at yourself,to know how lucky you are to be you.
When I look ahead a couple of years from now you might not think I am the coolest mom and you might not agree with everything I had to say, but I strongly believe that you will find your path and I pray you will remember that I love you and I will always be there for you.
I admire you Becky....
Never loose your since of humor , your cute scary laugh that everyone thinks is so cool, your will power , the little carefree artist in you, the passion to open a new book and read it , the love of being cuddled , the awesome style you have , the love for your family and friends , they way you say I love you mom and the passion for life...I love you Becca, I love you Mom

joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty my Sister Judy

Post  joy Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:48 pm

I really believe that if you have a great best friend you can accomplish anything. My best friend believes in me and all my dreams and I love her so much for giving me the support I needed.
This is a letter to my best friend (although she won’t know until she see’s I’ve posted it)
Judy;
I just wanted to write you and tell you that I am so glad that you and I are friends. I haven’t ever had a friend that I could tell ANYTHING and not be judged about it. You are my sister, maybe not by blood but definitely by destiny. You love me for me, and I love you for you.
You are truly the best friend I have ever had.
I just don’t feel that I’ve thanked you enough for all that you do for me, and all the support you’ve given me, whether it’s telling me how good of a mom I am or telling me how cute the things I make are.I don’t know what I would do without you,Really!
I don’t want to get all personal and make you cry, but I just felt like you are a total inspiration in my life and I wanted to let you know so.
Thanks for all the great memories, long talks, and laughs. Thanks for being there through my ups and downs. Thanks for being the best friend a girl could have. Thanks for being true, and thanks for being YOU.
I love you so much, thanks for being my friend and my sister..I love you, I love you Joy

joy
joy

Back to top Go down

Poems and Thoughts Empty Re: Poems and Thoughts

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum